oakwood physical education
We will no longer be dressing out for PE class.
CSISD students will begin dressing out in 7th grade.
For 6th grade PE, your child will be graded as follows:
· The P.A.C. (participation, attitude, conduct) grade will be their only Academic Achievement grade and counts for 67% of their overall grade. The P.A.C. grade loses 5 points for every time he/she signs “the book”.
· Students will lose points for wearing inappropriate shoes, talking during instruction, being disrespectful, not following directions, not completing or participating in activities, being tardy to class.
· All other grades, such as fitness tests, unit skill tests, health grades, Run For Your Life, or day participation grades, fall under Academic Practice and count for 33% of their overall grade.
· For SAFETY reasons, your child will be limited in the amount of participation allowed without proper footwear in PHYSICAL EDUCATION class. Proper footwear includes tennis-type shoes—those with an arched sole and cover the entire foot. Crocs, clogs, sandals, flip flops, dress shoes, skating shoes, Sperry’s or boat shoes, boot-like shoes and any heeled shoes are not appropriate for PHYSICAL EDUCATION class.
Oakwood Guidelines for Success
· Prepare for Success – bring appropriate shoes
· Respect Everybody – treat others as you want to be treated
· Include Others – support your classmates, help them if they need it
· Do the Right Thing – be respectful and follow directions
· Expect Greatness – try your best in all areas
To help your child be successful this year, we ask that you please be aware of the following guidelines:
- If your child needs to be excused from PHYSICAL EDUCATION activities, please write, e-mail, or call and leave us a message as to why your child cannot participate in class. Remember that it is our goal for the children to be ACTIVE during class and experience a variety of activities, so please make sure you are not writing a note for your child just because he/she does not want to participate in a particular activity.
- If your doctor limits PHYSICAL EDUCATION participation, please ask him/her to be specific as to the amount of activity or certain activities your child can/cannot do as well as a date(s) when they are able to participate.
- NO cell phones!
- These will be taken up immediately and turned into the office!
- If students need a device in class, we will give them plenty of notice or provide it for them to use.
Have something to put your jewelry in so that it is not lost in your locker.
- Watches and other jewelry must be worn to prevent loss or damage to those items.
Promoting Positive Relationships
Bullying is a serious issue that can affect many students and it will not be tolerated in PE. To combat the concerns associated with bullying, we will practice and promote positive relationship building among the students by:
- Expecting full participation of students in all activities
- Encouraging teamwork and support of fellow classmates
- Fostering open communication between students and teachers
- Providing a safe environment for fun and physical activities for all students